Discord Screen share Audio not Working: Discord is a chat app that allows its users to chat in real-time using either text or voice or video. This app has grown immense popularity in the recent past.
It is a host for several servers/chatrooms that have topics on almost all the major ones like sports, memes, music, and many more. Though it is to be known that the memes are the most popular one of all for obvious reasons.
The best part of Discord is that you can access it from anywhere and at any time. You can access it from your desktop, mobile app, and browser as well.
The users can either join the group that they were invited to or can create a group and send invitations to people to join using the server or chatroom. Also, it is to be noted that there are public servers as well where anyone can join.
Now, a lot of people are reporting that they are facing Discord Screen Share not working issues. If you are also facing the similar discord screen share no audio, then in this post, let us discuss How to fix Discord Screen Share Audio not working.
With that being said, let us quickly get started with the process, shall we?
Why Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working Problem Occurs?
The reason behind this issue is different for every system. We have looked and analyzed serval cases and get the possible solutions behind the issue. All of them are not for your system because each computer’s configuration system is different.
- Faulty Audio Drivers:- If you face Discord screen share, but your audio is not working, then faulty audio drivers may cause the issue because Discord uses audio drivers installed in your system. If your audio drivers are corrupted or are using the older version, you will experience problems.
- Administrative Access:- While playing a game, you share your entire screen with others, which requires administrative access on your PC. Give administrative access and solve the share screen and audio issue.
- Inappropriate Applications:- There are some application which is not suitable for Discord then you are facing the issue. It would be best if you looked for alternative software to solve the issue.
- Audio Features Issue:- Discord screen share audio at the starting phase was faulty, and after the update issue was resolved. So if you are using an older version of the game, then you are facing Discord screen share audio
Methods To Fix Discord Screen share Audio Not Working
Solution 1: Updating Your Discord Manually.
The first thing you need to do is update your discord application manually. The discord developer regularly updates the application to fix the bug. If you are using an older version of discord, then it might cause the issue. So follow the steps to update your discord app.
- Now search for the run application in your pc or simply press Windows + R.
- Now you can see the run command box.
- Now paste the%localappdata%; this command is run and press ok.
- Now click on discord.
- Now look for Update.exe and double click on it, and wait until the process becomes complete.
- Now relaunch the application and check the issue is solved or not.
If you are still facing the issue, then follow other methods.
Solution 2: Avoid Full Screen
This is a unique bug that has been identified where the screen share utility was not functioning well whenever the user uses it in full screen. If you are playing a game in full-screen mode, sometimes the discord window turns off. Hence try to play a game in a minimized format
So there is no harm in giving it a try and see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 3: Grant Elevated Access
Discord screen share with audio feature requires more resources of your system. Your system has privacy concerns n that case, and your application does not run in normal mode. For this, we will grant administrative permission to discord and solve the issue.
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer and reach the place where Discord is installed
- Then right-click on the app and select Properties.
- Then click on Compatibility and check next to the option Run this program as an Administrator.
- Click on Apply and save the changes, Now check if the problem is solved.
Solution 4: Clear Discord Cache
Discord use catch data to save your performance and data. It is useful components to ensure that your calling experience is smooth. So corrected catch files can cause discord screen share and audio not working issue. So delete your catch data can solve the problem.
Don’t worry While clearing data it does not affect the discord application is simply create a new discord catch automatically when you open the application after clearing the data.
Go ahead and follow the steps to clear discord catch
- Firstly, close the discord and also from the task manager.
- Now search for run application in your pc or simply press Windows + R.
- Now you can see the run command box.
- Now paste the %appdata% this command in run and press ok.
- Now you can see the Roaming folder. In that, look for the discord folder.
- Right-click on that and delete that folder.
- Now restart your system and run the discord app and check the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Use Push to Talk
Discord comes with an option where it automatically detects your voice but the problem arises here mainly when using the beta feature of screen share where several problems are caused. Here is
Then you can try and stop the automatic detection of Audio and switch to push to talk. It involves manual work but is better than no audio.
Solution 6: Add your Activity
The best solution for the issue is manually adding the application on Discord. Discord has the feature of detecting activity that you are currently doing.
For example, if you are playing valorant, then Discord can catch the game you are playing, and when you are sharing your game screen, it automatically shares the audio. But sometimes it shows that valorant no sound error audio. The issue becomes familiar do Discord provides a setting of a manually adding game.
To add your game, go ahead and follow the steps.
- Open settings in the Discord App.
- In settings click on the entry of games.
- In there go to Game Activity and click on add it.
- Now open the drop-down box and select the application in which you are facing a voice issue while sharing the screen.
- If the problem still stays you can turn on the Overlay feature and check again.
- If you are still facing the issue then enable Enable in-game overlay and try again. For this click on user settings, select overlay from the left sidebar, and tick the Enable in-game overlay option.
Note:- Make sure while using this method you are not running discord as administrator. Also, make sure that in-game activity any game is running, remove from the list if you are not using them.
Solution 7: Reinstall Audio Drivers
Audio drivers are main components that allows you to share your audio devices like audio card, microphone, and speakers. If your audio drivers are faulty or outdated, then your audio was not transmatting the proper way.
To solve this issue, reinstall your drivers. Go ahead and follow the steps and install the latest driver.
- Press Windows + R and type devmgmt.msc.
- In there expand the category of Audio Inputs and outputs and right-click on the sound hardware.
- Then select the Uninstall device.
- Now right-click on anywhere on the screen and select Scan for hardware changes. The computer will now check for any drivers and install them automatically to install the default drivers. Then once they are installed restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
- Then right-click on the drivers and select Update Driver.
Solution 8. Reinstalling Discord
If above mention methods do not work for you, then it is caused by a corrupted or damaged discord file. In that case reinstalling the Discord is the best solution. Follow the instructions as mention.
Note: Reinstalling Discord does not erase your data or chat that are stored in the discord server.
- Firstly, go to the control panel.
- In the control panel, look for the program and click on Uninstall a program.
- Now look for discord application and right-click on it, click on uninstall.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to install the program.
- Now reinstall the Discord and enjoy the game.
If you are still facing the issue then check Discord Picking up Game Audio.
If this post helped you to fix Discord Screen share Audio not Working, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. Now that you have done that it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!