FFXIV Unable to complete version check:- Developed by Square Enix the Final Fantasy XIV was the award-winning game launched by them as the fourteenth version of the game. In order to complete the game one has to complete each and every quest that comes his which are very well designed and exciting to solve as well.
Just like any other bestseller game even in this game, there is no simple passage of play wherein you walk or go from one place to another, you always will be on a mission or always have a target in front of you.
The best part of this game is that the story is very well designed and well balanced throughout the game leaving the users with maximum satisfaction. So now let us have a look at the reason why we are here how to fix FFXIV Unable to complete version check or update.
We discuss here on How to Fix FFXIV Unable to complete version check or update. So let us get started.
Methods To Fix FFXIV Unable to complete version check
Method 1: Run an adware scan
There is a possibility that the FFXIV is unable to complete the version check error that can due to adware. So in order to solve the issue, one can scan using AdwCleaner as it is said to have worked for some players.
Method 2: Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
- Firstly you have press the Windows key + S hotkey to open the search utility.
- Next, you have to input a firewall.
- Then click on Windows Defender Firewall to open the Control Panel for it.
- Then Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the settings.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options and click on the OK exit option.
- Now try and open the FFXIV launcher with WDF disabled.
Method 3: Edit FFXIV’s boot File
- Initially open File Explorer by simply pressing the shortcut key Windows + E.
- Then open the folder path in File Explorer: %userprofile%/Dosuments/My Games/FINAL FANTASY XIV – A Realm Reborn.
- Then you must right-click on the FFXIV_BOOT file to select Open with > Choose another app. Then you must choose the app in which you wish to open it.
- Edit the BootVersionCheckMide value in the FFXIV_BOOT file from 0 to 1.
- Then Adjust the B4EulaAgreement value to 1 if it’s not already set to 1.
- Now click on File and Save option and you are good to go.
Method 4: Verify the Game’s file integrity
- Firstly open the Steam window if you have already installed one, else install one and then open it.
- Then Right-Click on Final Fantasy FFXIV in your Steam’s game library to select Properties.
- Select the Local files tab on the properties window that you have opened.
- Then you must click on the Verify Integrity of Game Files option. Once you do these the problem must have been gone.