discord infinite update:- Discord is a chat app that allows its users to chat in real-time using either text or voice or video. This app has grown immense popularity in the recent past. It is a host for several servers/chatrooms that have topics on almost all the major ones like sports, memes, music, and many more. Though it is to be known that the memes are the most popular one of all for obvious reasons.
The best part of Discord is that you can access it from anywhere and at any time. You can access ut from your desktop, mobile app, and browser as well. The users can either join the group that they were invited to or can create a group and send invitations to people to join using the server or chatroom.
Also, it is to be noted that there are public servers as well where anyone can join. c. With that being said, let us quickly get started with the process, shall we?
Methods To Discord Infinite Update
Method 1: Disable Windows Defender to Fix Discord Infinite Update
Due to the built-in anti-virus that the Windows Defenders comes with, it sometimes classifies the perfectly fine and safe files also as hazardous ones and thereby preventing it from being installed. So this also might be a possible reason for you facing problems while installing Discord. So you can try and turn off your Firewall for some time and install the Discord in that time gap.
- Open Settings
- Then go to Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage Settings
- Then you have to turn off the Turn on real-time protection.
- After which don’t forget to save the changes and exit the app.
Then you can install the Discord and if it successfully installs then you can follow the same process and turn back on the Firewall.
Method 2: Update as Administrator
There is a possibility that in some computers the Discord needs Administrator-level access to run. Then you might have to install it with the access, before which you have to kill the already running programs of Discord using Task Manager.
- Find and locate the downloaded Discard update
- Right-click on the file and select Run as Administrator to begin the updating process.
Also Read:- Discord Lagging Issues
Method 3: Install to a Different Folder
There were times when this update issue was solved by some of the users just by installing it into a different folder, so there is no harm in trying it.
- Find and locate the Discord folder and move it elsewhere.
- Then start the process of update and make sure you choose the new location when asked for a location to install it in.
Method 4: Disable your antivirus
If none of the methods mentioned so far works for you. Then it must be the third-party antivirus that you must be using that is causing the problem. Sometimes without any reason, they don’t allow certain apps to get installed by disrupting then process.
So for you to be on the safer side make sure your antivirus is not blocking the process of update. Before doing which you might want to kill all the running programs of the Discord applications using Task Manager and then disable your antivirus for some time.
Method 5: Rename Update File
In order to rename follow the below-mentioned process:
- First, open File Explorer and type %LocalAppData% in the search path field and this must open the Local subfolder inside the hidden AppData folder.
- Then try and find the Update.exe file.
- Rename it to something else and try the update process again.
If this post helped you to fix Discord Infinite Update, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. Now that you have done that it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!