You can also see how long the sites take to load, how much bandwidth it uses to download a file from that particular page or application, and the exact color in its text.
If you want to change anything on that page, you can use the Inspect Element then as well. Inspect Element is a perfect way to learn what makes the web tick, figure out what’s broken on your sites, and font change would look like, and by doing this an overall idea of what our website would like.
So now let us see how to inspect elements on the iPhone. To work this out, you need both your mobile and computer to be correctly configured. Once you are ready to start with the process
How to Inspect Element on iPhone
- First, you need to click on the Settings in order to access your general iPhone settings.
- Now you must scroll down and find and select Safari’s Settings.
- After that, you need to scroll again and select the Advanced settings.
- No, you need to toggle the Web Inspector to On.
How to Inspect Element on Computer
- Initially, you need to click on Start.
- Then open Preferences from the File Safari dropdown menu.
- After that click on the Advanced tab available in the options.
- Then you have to turn on the Show Develop menu which will be available in the menu bar.
So once you are done with all this setup, you have to plug in your device into your computer via a USB. Now you can use your mobile device to navigate to a page or application which you would like to inspect.
Once you reach that application or page you need to shift to your computer. With the help of Safari open, select the Develop menu in the menu bar. Toward the top of that list, you should be able to see your device’s name and the windows that are available to inspect. Select the page or application you would want to inspect and the inspection window will automatically open.
So from here, you guys can take over as the review process is no different than that of a local machine. Though it is to be noted that there are definitely a couple of drawbacks like not being able to right-click to inspect an element or to target an element using your mouse. Instead, you may have to be using the feature Command+F to navigate up and down the DOM tree.
So one can definitely use this method to inspect any page or application as this technique in the past helped resolve a lot of issues on the page without which wouldn’t have been found out.
You can also inspect the element on Mac. But initially, it is a huge process to access it. So let us have an understanding of How to Inspect Element on Mac.
How to Inspect Element on Mac
For Users of Safari 10 and Above
- First, you must ensure that the Show Develop menu which is present in the menu bar is enabled under the link Safari > Preferences.
- After which you must visit any page and then select Develop and then in there Show web Inspector.
- No, once you do that the web inspector will appear automatically.
For Older Versions
- Initially, you must open Applications and in there open the Utilities.
- Then you have to launch the Terminal.
- Now in there, you have to type Defaults write.com.apple.SafariWebKitDeveloperExtras-boottrue and then you must press Enter to run the same.
- Now once you are done a web page will open Safari and then right-click or hold down your mouse button anywhere on that page until the menu appears.
- Once the menu appears you have to select the option Inspect Element.
So this is all we have got about the How to Inspect Element on iPhone. So if you carefully and patiently follow the steps given steps. If this post helped you, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. Now that you have done that it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!