Obs Starting the Output Failed:- So when we talk about Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) it is known as the free and open-source cross-platform recording and streaming program which is maintained by the OBS Project.
This OBS has been built with Qt. Beginning from this is popularly known as the OBS Studio and this OBS Studio has a lot of versions that are made available to Microsoft Windows, macOS, and also Linux distributions. It is to be noted that the OBS is an Open Collective.
So before getting to our main topic of error let us have a look at the reason which is causing this Obs Starting the Output Failed to occur and how to use this Screen Recording in Open Broadcaster Software (OBS).
How to Record Screen Using Open Broadcaster Software
- So to begin with you must first download and open the Broadcast Software Studio which is available at here
- Once you are done with downloading the Software you must install the OBS Studio and then Open the OBS Studio.
- Then to use to Auto-Configuration Wizard you must select the option Optimize just for recording. I will not be steaming and then make sure you apply these settings.
- After that, you must add your computer’s display as the Source, which can be done by clicking on the + icon below the Sources heading and then select Display Capture. Then press on OK to save it.
- Then make sure your window is not sticking out the border and then once you are done doing so you can start the recording by simply selecting the option “Start Recording” and “Stop Recording” to stop the recording. So these options are available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
So now as we know how to record let us not have a look at how to solve the most popular error right now that most of us are facing, the Obs Starting the Output Failed error. So without any more delay let us get started.
How to Fix ‘Obs Starting the Output Failed. Please Check the Log for Details’
- Initially, you must go to the OBS and then in there tap in the Settings button which is available at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then a window will appear in front of you. In that window go to the Output tab and at the bottom, you can find the Recording Section, in there head to the Encoder dropdown, and choose the option “Software (*264)”.
- Once you have chosen that option you must select Apply to save the changes. Just to be on the safer side restart the OBS. Then once you open it back and start the recording now the bugs will not be present.
- So this is the way to solve the Obs Starting the Output Failed. Talking of the error this error is the result when an incorrect codec is chosen to record the file. Note that the NVENC codec is an NVIDIA codec.
Note that you will use this codec only if you have an NVIDIA GPU which you are using to execute the OBS. If in any other case you will definitely need the extra drivers installed. Also, it is important to remember that you get everything that NVIDIA suggests already installed so that you can use the GPU to the fullest.
Also, note that the *264 codec is what all the screencasting tools use these days. So if you observe closely almost all the video recording devices are using this same codec to store the MP4 format. So always remember that if you want goof video output and also don’t want special hardware to use it then *264 code is the one.
So this is all we have got about the Obs Starting the Output Failed in Windows 10. So if you carefully and patiently follow the steps given to you then the error will be gone in no time.
If this post helped you to fix Obs Starting the Output Failed, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family. Now that you have done that it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!