:- Microsoft Your Phone is an app designed to make the Android phone and Windows 10 PC work together. The speciality of the app is that it keeps you updated on all the latest notifications that you have been receiving in the smartphone without having to unlock it. This will come in handy especially when you are busy and stuck in work.
The only issue is that in order for the Your Phone app to work and keep you updated it has to keep running in the background and thereby taking away the majority of the battery life and CPU usage as well. This has been a major concern for users. So without any delay let us get started in how to uninstall or Disable the Your Phone app.
We discuss here on How uninstall your phone windows 10. So let us get started.
Methods To Uninstall Your Phone app on Windows 10
Method 1:- Uninstall Your Phone app Using PowerShell
- Click on Start and search for Windows Power Shell.
- Then once the top result shows, right-click on it and select the option Run as Administrator.
- Then in order to uninstall the app type the following and press Enter:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone – AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage
Once this is typed and Enter is pressed the process of uninstalling will begin and Your Phone will be removed from your computer. Alternatively if instead of Uninstall you can also disable the app and get rid of it, So in order to Disable the Your Phone app on Windows 10 follow the steps as given below.
Method 2:- How to Disable the YourPhone.exe from running the background
- Initially you must open the settings.
- Then there you have to click on Privacy.
- Then a menu will appear in front of you. There Locate the Background apps options and then click on it.
- There you will find a toggle that lets you disable all the apps which also includes YourPhone from running in the background.
- But in case you only want to disable only the YourPhone app then you by scrolling the page downwards and there find the app and press the toggle only next to the YourPhone app.
So as we said how to uninstall then it is upon us to let you know how to install it back in case you need it in the future.
There is another way to disable the app and the steps of the same are as follows
- Initially Right-Click on the start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Then you must type the following in there: Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers
- Then you will no longer see the Your Phone app on your PC.
How to Re-install the Your Phone app
- First of all click on Start
- Then search for Microsoft Store and then search for the YourPhone app in it.
- Then click on the top result and then hit the Install button.
- Once the download is complete the YourPhone app will be installed.