WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage:- WMI Provider Host is a Windows Host Management Process that is mostly used by the developers for Monitoring purposes. This is an important process that runs in the background which can be viewed using the Task Manager.
This allows all other applications on your computer to request information about your system. By now it must have been understood that this is a huge process as it monitors all the other applications and also acts as a mediator between them and the system.
Usually, this a never-ending process as even in the taskbar you cannot end this task as it is quite vital for the system performance. So due to handling such a huge amount of work or processes it at times captures high CPU usage and thereby affects the system performance.
So most of us are not fans of processes affecting the system and this has become a huge problem if such a vital process affects the system. So below let us discuss how to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage in detail and thereby solve or eliminate this problem, once and for all.
How to Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage
Method 1:- Restart WMI Service
- First press Windows Key + R in order to open the Run dialogue Box.
- Then in that Run dialogue Box type service.msc and press Enter.
- Now Locate WMI service in a new window.
- Then right-click on the same after locating it and select the Restart option. This now must solve the wmi provider host high cpu if not you may have to troubleshoot further.
Method 2:- Use Event Viewer Process to Find the Cause of WMI High Disk Usage
- First press Windows Key + R in order to open the Run dialogue Box
- Now type Event Viewer into the dialogue box and press Enter.
- Then from the top menu click View and then enable Show analytic and debug logs.
- Now go to the left panel and navigate to Applications and services through Logs>Microsoft>Windows>WMI-Activity>Operational.
- There you should have found the error events.
- Then click on recent errors and then ClientProcessId
- There write the ID number somewhere.
- Now search that ID number in Google in order to know the name of the software that is causing the problem.
- Once you get to know the name of the software you can either disable it using Task Manager or you can simply uninstall it to be on the safer side.
Method 3:- Restart your PC
Probably the most common solution to most of the problems faced. By restarting you are restarting the whole OS again thereby any minute issues or errors might get eliminated in the process.
Usually, this method must work around 99% of the times as the people who are using Windows would know by now. However, if it does not work then you must try any of the other methods mentioned above.
Now, this is how you can Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time stay techy.